Open call announcement for Llyfr Glas Nebo
We’re holding auditions in North and South Wales.
We’re delighted to announce an open call for auditionees for our national tour of Llyfr Glas Nebo.
The show, an adaptation of Manon Steffan Ros’ post-apocalyptic novel, will be touring during February and March 2020.
We are holding auditions at two different locations this July.
The artistic team is searching for performers to take on the role of Sion – a teenage boy who lives with his mother and little sister – and for members of the ensemble cast who will play multiple roles. Welsh language performers of all cultural backgrounds are sought for all roles.
Llyfr Glas Nebo is directed by Elgan Rhys with set design from Elin Steele, choreography from Matt Gough and music from Robin Edwards. It’s a production partnership with Galeri Caernarfon supported by Arts Council of Wales lottery funding.
The first round of auditions will be in Menai Bridge on 2 July and Cardiff on 3 July, with further rounds on 5 & 6 July.
– Lives with his Mum, Rowenna, and his little sister Dwynwen.
– From a working class background – living in a post-apocalyptic world in Nebo, North Wales.
– A teenager.
– A boy who’s had to grow up too quickly.
– He’s very curious of the world that surrounds him.
– Strong and practical and helps keeps everything in place in their post-apocolyptic world life.
– Someone who can play the role of a 12 year old*.
– Comfortable in devising and improvising.
– Comfortable with movement.
– Experienced working with a script.
– Experienced performing in front of an audience.
– Welsh speaker, North Wales accent.
*Due to practical reasons and rules regarding the employment of children this opportunity i open to young actors over the age of 16 only.*
Looking for performers who are:
– Can play the role of various characters aged 20 – 40 years.
– Multi-role performer.
– Has received training as an actor or dancer.
– Experienced with devising and improvising.
– Experienced with movement.
– Experience working with scripts.
– Familiar with puppetting.
– Welsh speakers and / or learners.
Register casting interest: 24 June 2019
Auditions: 2, 3, 5 & 6 July 2019
Rehearsals: 9 – 13 December 2019 (Sion only) / 6 – 30 January 2020
Touring: 31 January – 6 March 2020
To register your interest or for further information (including a detailed brief) please contact Olwen Williams.