£2020 to create your own event
Do you have an idea for a creative event but haven’t got the time, support or budget to follow it through?
This is an opportunity for 16-25yr olds to pitch for the budget and support to help turn your idea into reality.
What type of event?
It’s completely up to you, the artists. It could be theatre, a gig, exhibition, an online experience… anything!
You can apply as a group, a pair or on your own.
All the applicants will be invited to pitch their ideas to a panel of specialists on Saturday 11th of January 2020 at M-SParc, the new science park on Anglesey. There will be an opportunity to attend a ‘How to Pitch’ session hosted by Big Ideas Wales for those selected on the shortlist.
The panel will then present one idea with £2020 to help them develop and manage their event, with professional support from Frân Wen and Big Ideas Wales.
Closing Date: 1 November 2019
Those interested in participating in #2019 should email email@example.com, stating what the idea is.
Our inaugural creative pitching event happened in October 2018. We received 8 wonderfully creative presentations (see gallery and video below) that ranged from an interactive photography exhibition to a mini Welsh-Gaelic arts festival.
The winner was Elan Elidyr with a contemporary dance and Welsh music mash-up project.
- You can apply as a group, a pair or on your own.
- An opportunity to attend a How to Pitch event hosted by Big Ideas Wales on Saturday, 16th of November 2019.
- You will be invited to pitch your ideas at M-SParc, the new science park on Anglesey, on Saturday 11th of January 2020.
- Each pitch will be given 20 minutes – it can be in any format, just be creative and make an impression.
- The panel will select one idea and present them with £2020 as well as practical support and guidance from Frân Wen.
- The event has to take place before March 2020.